Showing 1020 results

titles
The Queen's College, Glasgow (formerly the Glasgow and West of Scotland College of Domestic Science) records
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Governors and appointed committees' meeting minutes

This file contains 1 volume of handwritten minutes:

  • Statements of assets and staff of the Glasgow and West End Cookery Schools
  • Governors meetings
  • Finance Committee
  • Housewifery Committee
  • Cookery Committee
  • Laundry and Dressmaking Committee
  • Educational Methods Committee

Teaching materials kept by Dorothy Melvin

This file contains 1 notebook and 1 book:

  • Dorothy Melvin's 'Theory of cookery notes, (rewritten) Sept 1908'. Contains handwritten notes and diagrams.
  • Dorothy Melvin's copy of "The Glasgow Cookery Book", printed by N Adshead and Son, Glasgow, [1910?]. Recipes annotated in ink by Miss Melvin and book stamped by the College library.

Preliminary rough sketch plans of new building, August 1912

This file contains a set of 9 sketch plans (and duplicate set):

  • Basement flat (1)
  • Flat below ground floor (2)
  • Ground floor (3)
  • First floor (4)
  • Second floor (5)
  • Attic, Students' residence (with details of existing accommodation at 86 Bath Street, 502 Sauchiehall Street and Scott Street) (6)
  • Cross section on centre line of Park Drive frontage (7)
  • Elevation to Park Drive (8)
  • Longitudinal section from west to east (9)

Architect, signed Walter R Watson
Scale 5/8 inch:10 foot

Copy of 1913 plans of proposed new building in Park Drive and Park Avenue West

This file contains photocopies of 6 plans:

  • Sub-basement (1)
  • Basement (2)
  • Ground floor (3)
  • First floor (4)
  • Second floor (5)
  • Attic residence for 30 students (6)

Copies of plans held at Glasgow City Archives which were donated by a researcher in 2015.

Architect: Walter R Watson, 55 Bath Street, Glasgow
Scale 5/8 inch:5 foot

Red Cross Society possession of the new Park Drive Building for a hospital, correspondence

This file contains 1 typescript letter:

  • From James McCallum to W J Anderson regarding arrangements for the Society to take temporary possession of the building

The Red Cross Society were the first to use the new building as a hospital for the duration of the war. Agreements were made on alterations to make it suitable for use as a hospital, fixtures and fittings, insurance, rental, and the condition of the building on being returned to use by the College.

Results 1 to 10 of 1020