Print preview Close

Showing 1020 results

titles
The Queen's College, Glasgow (formerly the Glasgow and West of Scotland College of Domestic Science) records
Print preview View:

'Central Institutions (Scotland) Regulations 1988'

This file contains 1 folder:

  • Contact list for members of College Governing Body, 1 June 1984 - 31 May 1988
  • Scottish Education Department circulars, letters and College memos regarding review of regulations for Governing Bodies of Central Institutions
  • Draft copy of regulations
  • Letter from Scottish Trade Union Congress (STUC) regarding their response to the review
  • Nominations for new Governing Body, September 1988 and final list of appointments
  • Impact of the regulations on the status of the College Association
  • Copy of 'Statutory Instruments, 1988, No. 1715 (S.163) Education, Scotland - The Central Institutions (Scotland) Regulations 1988'

'Financial management survey of the Scottish Central Institutions', 3 February 1986 - 20 February 1987

This file contains 1 folder:

  • Correspondence with the Scottish Education Department regarding their survey
  • Principal's notes on meetings with Scottish Education Department regarding the survey
  • Interim report of the survey
  • Memos to the Finance and General Purposes Committee with recommendations from the survey

1936 extension to Park Drive building

This subseries consists of 5 files:

  • Estimated costs and funding of the extension of the College, correspondence, 1934
  • Financial statements of cost of the College premises at Park Drive, 1936-1937
  • Notebook of costs of furniture and fittings for the College extension, 1936
  • Measurement of works for extension and alterations to the College, 1936-1938
  • Formal opening of extensions to the College buildings, 1936

Following the death of Walter R Watson in 1932, James Monro was engaged as Architect to the College. His first major undertaking was the new extension. The College purchased 7 Park Drive in 1923, 8 Park Drive in 1927 and 9 Park Drive in 1934. Work began on the extension in April 1935. Mr Monro's plans included a new dietetic kitchen and laboratory in the original College buildings; 3 new kitchens, a laundry and 2 housewifery classrooms in No. 7; retaining the hostel at No. 8 and providing staff dining room and common room; moving the Students' Union to No. 9, along with a new recreation hall and residential hostel. The new extension was opened on 29 October 1936.

Results 1 to 10 of 1020