Showing 104 results

titles
Series
Print preview View:

Principal (1947-1962) : Isobel Gibson, papers

This series consists of 4 sub-series:
-Grahame Reid, Secretary and Treasurer, correspondence with Isobel Gibson, 1947-1962
-Scottish Education Department, correspondence with Isobel Gibson, 1948-1962
-General correspondence with Isobel Gibson, 1956-1963
-Committee of Correspondence membership, 1962-1968

Gibson Hall building, opening and inventories

This series consists of 2 sub-series:
-Planning, building and opening of Gibson Hall, 1958-1969
-Inventories for Gibson Hall, 1958-1972

Gibson Hall was named after Isobel Gibson, College Principal, in honour of her role in instigating the new halls of residence. The hall was built in Dorchester Avenue on a site close to the College hockey pitch and tennis courts. It was designed by Monro and Partners, Architects, Glasgow, and consisted of an administrative block with common rooms, library, dining room and roll-up carpeting for dances; and 2 bedroom blocks with accommodation for 120 students. It was first occupied in September 1967 and officially opened by HRH Queen Elizabeth II on 5 July 1968.

Southbrae campus development and opening

This series consists of 2 sub-series:
-Southbrae campus development and expenditure, c1987-1990
-Formal opening of the Southbrae Campus, Faculty of Health Studies, by HRH Princess of Wales on 13 December 1991, 1991-1992

The College had planned to house its expanding health care courses in a new development on Eldon Street, creating a single site campus around the existing Park Drive building. In 1987 the Scottish Education Department carried out a feasibility study to consider the extent to which vacant accommodation at Jordanhill College of Education could meet the needs of the Health Studies faculty. In 1988 the Scottish Office decided that the new health care courses should be housed at Jordanhill and so the Southbrae Campus was initiated.

The Schools of Radiography and Chiropody took up occupation of the Crawfurd Building at the Southbrae Campus in January 1991, the School of Occupational Therapy in February 1991 and the School of Orthoptics in March 1991. The Faculty of Health Studies at the Crawfurd Building, was officially inaugurated on Friday 13 December 1991 by Her Royal Highness the Princess of Wales who unveiled the commemorative plaque.

Catering, Hospitality and Institution Management and related courses

This series consists of 5 sub-series:
-Consumer, Hospitality Management, Food Product Development and Consumer and Business Services courses, 1991-1992
-Consumer, Business and Catering Management courses, 1980-1981
-Consumer studies courses, 1991
-Faculty of Management Studies student work experience, 1992
-Faculty of Management Studies student reports, 1987-1992

Results 1 to 10 of 104