- GB 1847 QC/12/1/3
This file contains 1 folder:
- Photocopies of newspaper advertising for Help the Aged flats and day centres
- Help the Aged’s Report for 1975 and donation leaflet, ‘Five practical ways of helping’,
- Help the Aged typescript sheets about the charity and its development programme and stages of completion, May 1976 - August 1976
- Memorandum to the Governors on closure of the centenary subscription fund, 20 September 1976
- Correspondence regarding allocation of the funds to specific developments; arrangements for a formal presentation ceremony on 18 November 1976, November 1976
- Letter of thanks from Help the Aged (Scottish Housing) Trust, 19 November 1976
- Handwritten and typescript copies of letter to The Scottish Sheltered Housing Trust enclosing the balance of £332.71 from the Centenary Subscription Fund.
- Brochures for the Bield Housing Trust
- Notification of progress of the Name-a-flat scheme flats funded by the College and of the change of name to the Bield Housing Trust, November 1979
To mark the College centenary celebrations the governors opened a subscription fund to raise money to sponsor flats and lounges in residential complexes for the elderly through the Help the Aged (Scottish Housing) Trust (latterly the Bield Housing Trust). A total of £1,832.71 was donated to sponsor 3 flats and 2 lounges in Greenock, Johnstone, Knightswood and Dowanhill.