Showing 1471 results

titles
Print preview View:

70 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

1936 extension to Park Drive building

This subseries consists of 5 files:

  • Estimated costs and funding of the extension of the College, correspondence, 1934
  • Financial statements of cost of the College premises at Park Drive, 1936-1937
  • Notebook of costs of furniture and fittings for the College extension, 1936
  • Measurement of works for extension and alterations to the College, 1936-1938
  • Formal opening of extensions to the College buildings, 1936

Following the death of Walter R Watson in 1932, James Monro was engaged as Architect to the College. His first major undertaking was the new extension. The College purchased 7 Park Drive in 1923, 8 Park Drive in 1927 and 9 Park Drive in 1934. Work began on the extension in April 1935. Mr Monro's plans included a new dietetic kitchen and laboratory in the original College buildings; 3 new kitchens, a laundry and 2 housewifery classrooms in No. 7; retaining the hostel at No. 8 and providing staff dining room and common room; moving the Students' Union to No. 9, along with a new recreation hall and residential hostel. The new extension was opened on 29 October 1936.

Results 1461 to 1470 of 1471