Showing 1467 results

titles
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

68 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

‘Real training for real jobs – the 1987 European Social Fund training programmes’

Contents of the 1987 ESF training programme booklet:
-Introduction
-Community business in Strathclyde
-The 1987 programme, detailing the stages of the training programme
-Barlanark Community Enterprises Ltd: A case study (comic strip)
-Statistical summary of the 1987 training programme
-Conclusion: some lessons learned
-Appendix, detailing each training programme with an evaluation of its effectiveness

1936 extension to Park Drive building

This subseries consists of 5 files:

  • Estimated costs and funding of the extension of the College, correspondence, 1934
  • Financial statements of cost of the College premises at Park Drive, 1936-1937
  • Notebook of costs of furniture and fittings for the College extension, 1936
  • Measurement of works for extension and alterations to the College, 1936-1938
  • Formal opening of extensions to the College buildings, 1936

Following the death of Walter R Watson in 1932, James Monro was engaged as Architect to the College. His first major undertaking was the new extension. The College purchased 7 Park Drive in 1923, 8 Park Drive in 1927 and 9 Park Drive in 1934. Work began on the extension in April 1935. Mr Monro's plans included a new dietetic kitchen and laboratory in the original College buildings; 3 new kitchens, a laundry and 2 housewifery classrooms in No. 7; retaining the hostel at No. 8 and providing staff dining room and common room; moving the Students' Union to No. 9, along with a new recreation hall and residential hostel. The new extension was opened on 29 October 1936.

Results 1 to 10 of 1467