This collection is part of the Social Enterprise Collection Scotland. The collection includes published and unpublished material including books, pamphlets, reports, periodicals and other literature. The material relates to social enterprise (1970-2012), co-operatives (1981-2012), social accounting and audit (1993-2015) and was accumulated by Tor Justad whilst working as an adviser in these three areas. Some of the material focuses on the geographic areas in which Justad worked, particularly the Scottish highlands and islands and central belt, Ireland, Sweden and wider European networks. Other materials cover subject-specific areas Justad was involved in including community employment, retailing, energy, and related social sectors such as housing, rural development, credit unions and social investment. There are training packs and guides, reflecting one strand of work conducted by Tor Justad Associates from 1994 onwards. There are also programmes and reports for many of the conferences and seminars Justad attended over the course of his career from 1985-2012.
Some of the material is in Swedish or Norwegian. The language of material that is not in English has been indicated at file level.
The collection has been arranged into 6 series:
- Social enterprise general reports, publications, training and events, 1970-2013
- Geographical location-specific social enterprise reports and publications, 1981-2009
- Sector-specific social organisations and activity reports, 1981-2012
- Co-operatives reports, publications, training and events, 1981-2012
- Social accounting and audit reports, guides and training, 1993-2015
- Miscellaneous reports on voluntary work, church, fairtrade, sustainable buildings and public services, 1994-2008